We plan to begin meeting together again for worship on Sunday 6th September 2020 (DV).
Much thought and prayer has gone into ensuring that all guidance is followed so that we can gather together in safety. Please note the following details:
1. Sunday services will recommence on 6th September.
2. For the foreseeable future, we will be meeting in the Church Hall.
3. If you have any of the symptoms associated with Covid 19 please stay at home.
4. We must maintain strict social distancing (2 metres) and so the number of people we can accommodate in the Church Hall is limited.
5. We are planning to have two Sunday services: the first at 10am and the second at 11:30am.
6. In order to help us plan ahead you must book your seats for each week, in advance. The online booking system will be live from 1st September 2020.
The following steps are necessary:
i. Visit the Church website (https://www.harryvillepresbyterianchurch.org).
ii. Click on ‘Events’ in the MENU.
iii. A monthly calendar will appear displaying the current month and the current date.
iv.The dates for each Sunday in September will be highlighted in dark green.
v. Select 6th September and two options will appear.
vi. Select which time you wish to attend – 10.00am or 11.30am.
vii. Complete the simple registration form.
The registration process for the service on 13th September (for example) will be available from Monday 7th September and will be open until Thursday evening on 10th September at 8pm. This will be the process going forward each week, until we are able to return to normal services.
If you do not have access to the internet you can book seats by phoning Mr David Lorimer on 25645248.
Bear in mind that you may not get seats at the service of your choice but we will ensure you get to attend one of the two services.
7. When you arrive at the Church Hall your name will be checked off the list of those who have booked. Then stewards will show you into a seat. Please cooperate fully with them by sitting in the seat provided. You may not move seats. Seats will be filled from the front of the Hall to the back.
8. We really want children to attend but they must stay with their parents at all times. There will be no special children’s activities although if little ones become unsettled, parents may take them to the Midweek Room. The service will be short, lasting approximately 30-40 minutes.
9. Bibles will not be provided. Full Scripture readings will be on the screen. Bring your own Bible if you wish.
10. It is important that the Church Hall is well ventilated. Consequently we will be leaving doors open. You may want to bear this in mind when dressing for Church.
11. Face coverings may become mandatory. Please follow NI Executive advice in this regard.
12. When the service has ended the Congregation will leave the building through the two fire exit doors in the main Church Hall. There will opportunity to make a retiring offering. Please follow instructions and exit the building and car park promptly.
13. Try to use the toilet before you leave home. Facilities will be available but only for emergencies!
It is appreciated that some people will not feel comfortable gathering together with others for worship at this time. Consequently, a recorded service will continue to be made available each week.
In order to access this:
Go to the Church website (www.harryvillepresbyterianchuch.org) and watch a video recording. Click on 'Listen Up' on the MENU.
Go to Harryville Presbyterian Church Facebook Group and watch a video recording.
You can receive a CD recording. If you are not currently on the list but would like to be put on the list to receive a CD, please contact Rev Eddie Chestnutt.